Americans, often, point to, their right to vote, as some proof, of how, our nation, is unique, in a good – way! It is considered, one of our basic rights, freedoms, and liberties, and, there are elections, on local, state, and national levels. However, doesn’t this become, merely, an exercise, rather than a valuable right, when/ if, our public officials, are permitted, to put their personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, ahead of the nation (or local entity), and those, they were elected, to serve, and represent? Shouldn’t public/ elected officials, consistently, be, a FORCE, for good? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why, our electorate, deserves more, and better, than we generally get/ elect.
1. Freedoms; future; furnish; fruition; face facts: Aren’t you tired, of all, the fake – facts, when we need, and deserve, to elect individuals, who face the facts, and seek solutions? Whose freedoms, and which ones, will they honor, and, if they pick, and choose, what happens to our democracy/ republic? Instead of putting, band – aids, on major wounds, public officials must look, to the future, and furnish true leadership, to bring the finest possibilities, to fruition!
2. Options; opportunities; opinions: Biases, prejudices, close – mindedness, and limiting the options, generally, limits opportunities, and produces, merely, the same – old, same – old! An official, must, express his opinions, openly, and honestly, and seek the finest, common good!
3. Relevant; reliable; responsive: When President Trump, uses a slogan, Make America Great Again, isn’t that, looking back, with, rose – colored glasses, instead of making relevant choices and decisions. He must prioritize, reliable, responsive leadership!
4. Creative; choices; character: Never permit, the limitations imposed, by the same – old, same – old, ways and ideas! We need to elect people, who are creative, enough, to look at the bigger – picture, and articulate their reasoning, rationale, and priorities! If we hope to do so, the electorate must begin, to consider, the quality of one’s character, as a significant factor, in who, will best serve this nation!
5. Empathy; emphasis; excellence: No matter, how experienced, knowledgable, willing, etc, unless/ until, one understands, he doesn’t have all the answers, or the only way, and is ready, willing and able, to proceed, with genuine empathy, he will never represent you, with the degree of excellence, needed and deserved!
Demand your officials, consistently, be a FORCE, for what’s needed, necessary, and best! Are you ready to become a more responsible voter?