Many athletes; including Tiger Woods, golfer Jack Nicklaus, golfer, Frank Bruno, WBC Heavyweight Champion, players for the New York Mets, Los Angeles Dodgers, Rod Carew, Minnesota Twins, Andre Agassi, tennis star, Phil Jackson, Chicago Bulls coach and LA Lakers, Michael Jordon, Kobe Bryant and Shaqu O’Neal, Richard Lee, the goalie of Brentford football Pat Cash, tennis have used hypnosis and visualization techniques for their success. Jimmy Connors used hypnosis to practice his winning tennis strokes prior to the US Open.
The Irish athletes commissioned a hypnosis practitioner to work with team members to help in their preparation for the 2012 Olympic games. The key focus is placed on the little mental factors that can boost performance under pressure.
High jump hopeful Deirdre Ryan is one of the Irish athletes to receive mental tutoring. Ryan said that hypnosis has helped with her subconscious thinking and also her level of confidence, heading into the games.
The hypnosis practitioner facilitates an altered state of mind and then teaches them how to reprogram their subconscious in order to regain control and regulate their bodies through breathing and heart rate.
Kevin McBride, celebrated Irish heavyweight boxing champion, prior to every fight, uses a personal hypnosis practitioner to hypnotize him into the right frame of mind.
Steve Hooker won the 2008 Olympic Gold Medal in pole vaulting after his hypnotist helped him visualize his success.
The number one issue athletes deal with the most – how to handle the nerves; how to overcome the mental anguish, to be confident and to perform their best.
Hypnosis has gained a wider acceptance with Olympic athletes and to the wider public with the aim of helping people to transform everyday stress, fears, phobias and personal issues while stating that these issues will be transformed completely.
The good news is; whether you are a celebrity or athlete or not your issues can be resolved with hypnosis! For example:
• Jackie Kennedy Onassis used hypnotherapy to deal with the tragic events in her life.
• Mel Gibson underwent hypnosis to help him deal with his issues.
• Sir Winston Churchill used post-hypnotic suggestions to stay awake and carry out his duties as Prime Minister during WWII.
• Albert Einstein used hypnosis sessions every afternoon. His theory of relativity came to him in one of those sessions. He often used trance states to develop his ideas.
• Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud developed psychotherapy as a result of learning about and practicing hypnosis.
• Orlando Bloom’s mother called in a hypnotist to eliminate Orlando’s addiction to chocolate when he was a child.
• Thomas Edison used self-hypnosis on a regular basis
• Aldous Huxley used trance states to explore the nature of Consciousness.
• Sylvester Stallone worked with a hypnosis practitioner while filming Rocky in 1975. Stallone, also used used self hypnosis to help him write the script for “Rocky”. He then used hypnosis daily to overcome over 900 rejections for his script. During each day of filming “Rocky” he used hypnosis tapes. “Rocky” became an overnight success.
• Kevin Costner, actor, became seasick while making “Waterworld.” A hypnosis practitioner helped him to overcome seasickness.
• Billy Joel, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, Katy Perry, Debra Messing, Kate Moss, Ellen DeGeneres, Charlize Theron, Simon Cowell, Kevin Stone, Samuel Jackson, Winona Ryder, Ashton Kutscher, Brittany Spears, Charlotte Church, a Welsh singer and many other celebrities have stopped smoking with hypnosis.
• Celebrities Lily Allen, Sophie Dahl, Geri Halliwell and Chuck Clausen used hypnosis to lose weight.
• Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) Dutchess of York used hypnosis to stop biting her fingernails and for weight loss.
• Aaron Eckhart credits hypnosis for changing his life forever after being able to give up smoking and alcohol.
• Tony Curtis used hypnosis to overcome his fear of flying and to improve his career.
• James Earl Jones famous actor and voice of Darth Vader (Star Wars) used hypnosis to overcome stuttering
• Mufasa (Lion King) used hypnosis to overcome stuttering.
• Bruce Willis used hypnosis to overcome stuttering.
• Samuel L Jackson, Sean Penn, Sean Connery, Martha Stewart, Dolly Parton and Lily Tomlin used hypnosis to improve their lives.
• Mozart composed the famous opera “Cosi Fan Tutte” while hypnotized.
• Lord Tennyson Alfred wrote entire poems in a hypnotic state.
• Seigei Rachmaninoff composed his “Second Piano Concerto” following a post-hypnotic suggestion given by Nikolai Dahl, a pioneer in hypnosis. Today, after over 100 years, this concerto remains one of the most exquisite and deeply moving pieces of music ever written.
• Princess Diana used hypnosis for public speaking and confidence.
What is stopping you from creating your success, your dreams and meeting your goals? Hypnosis can eliminate negative energy, fears, blocks, anxiety, phobias and improve self-confidence, self-esteem and ability.